BCS STUDENTS’ COUNCIL ELECTIONS 2020
ELECTIONS 2020-21: POLICY & PROCEDURES
Please read all the instructions carefully, before voting
1) The list of 10th BCS participants shortlisted for contesting BCS Students’ Council Elections 2020 is uploaded here for voting through email only by other BCS student leaders from 2011 to 2020. The short listed participants have been informed via email.
2) The email voting is open from 24th August 2020 to 7th September 2020. All the votes have to be emailed on only. No telephonic enquiries will be entertained in this regard.
3) Each BCS student leader can vote for one male & one female representative from each of the category (as applicable) for the post of BCS Student Council Coordinator in each category, i.e. State, Union Territory and each of the Districts of Maharashtra State. Voting for more than one candidate in each category will make the vote of participant invalid for all candidates in that category and therefore not be counted.
4) The votes have to be emailed by BCS participants from their registered email Id only mentioning the following on –
• Name for whom voted along with the Category (Eg. Avinash Kumar for Bihar State Coordinator)
• Voter’s full name; Place; Year of participation in BCS; Contact no & registered Email Id.
5) Alumni of BCS (i.e. all participants from 1st BCS till 10th BCS) can participate in the voting process as per the procedure mentioned above.
6) The candidate receiving the highest vote in each of the categories will be declared the winner. In case of no voting in a category for any of the candidate(s), the position remains void and the BCS committee may fill all such positions later through nominations.
7) Results will be declared and uploaded on the website on 25th September 2020 by 6pm and the same shall be informed to all participating candidates via email.
8) The investiture and swearing in ceremony (online) of the elected student council will take place from MIT School of Government, MIT-WPU Campus, Pune on *Friday, 9th October 2020 (all newly elected members will have to attend it compulsorily). Those who do not attend the ceremony will not be inducted into the active BCS Student Council.
9) In case, either the information provided by the candidate in the election form is found to be incorrect at any stage of the election process or even later after the searing-in-ceremony as per the norms of the election policy of the BCS or activities of any elected co-coordinators of the Student Council is found against the principles & objectives of the Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad, the governing council reserves the right to recall the representative and cancel his/her appointment. In such case the candidate next on the vote score will be offered the post.
NOTE: In case a post (eg. District Coordinator / State Coordinator / UT Coordinator) remains vacant after the elections. The BCS governing council reserves the right to nominate a socio-politically active student from the concerned region to the said post.
* BCS management retains the right of change in schedule.