BCS STUDENTS’ COUNCIL ELECTIONS 2019
OPPORTUNITY TO REPRESENT THE YOUTH
The student community at the Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad (BCS) is represented by a COUNCIL of STUDENT LEADERS who are elected by the students themselves. All the student participants (other than those who are BCS Student Council Coordinators for two or more terms) currently studying in any college/institute across India and have registered for, as well as participating in the 9th Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad being organized from January 18th to 20th, 2019 at MIT-WPU Campus, Pune are eligible to apply and participate in the forthcoming BCS Students’ Council Elections 2019. They will get an opportunity to offer themselves for the consideration of the below mentioned posts in the Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad Students’ Council 2019 -
The number of positions open for the 2018 elections of the BCS Students’ Council are as mentioned below –
• State Coordinators of BCS (One Male & One Female candidate from select cities in each state, refer list)
• Coordinators for the Union Territories (One Male & One Female candidate in each of the 7 UTs)
• All Districts Coordinators of Maharashtra (One Male & One Female candidate in each of the 36 districts)
ELECTIONS 2019-20, POLICY & PROCEDURES
Please read all the instructions before submitting the online application form
1) The application form has to be filled online only at
2) The online election application forms for various positions as mentioned above will be open on the BCS website from 18th January 2019 till 31st January 2019 only. Kindly note that the application forms received with the incomplete information will not be considered for further scrutiny.
3) After the given deadline i.e. 31st January 2019, no application forms will be accepted online. The forms received with complete information only will be scrutinized by the Election Committee of the BCS on the basis of the validity of the forms and the information provided by the applicants.
4) The list of applicants shortlisted for contesting elections for various posts as mentioned above will be uploaded on the website on 15th February 2019 by 6 pm for voting through email by other BCS student leaders who have participated in any of the BCS, between 2011 to 2019. The short listed participants contesting elections will also be informed via email so they can initiate their election campaign for voting.
5) The email voting will be open from 16th February 5th March 2019. All the votes have to be emailed on only.
6) Each BCS student leader can vote for only one Male & One Female candidate in each of the categories (Eg. Vote for one male and one female candidate in each City of a State, each Union Territory and each of the Maharashtra districts). Voting for more than one male & one female candidate in one category will make the vote of participant invalid and therefore not be counted.
7) The votes have to be emailed by BCS participants from their registered email Id only mentioning the following on only –
• Name for whom voted along with the Category (Eg. Avinash Kumar for Patna, Bihar State Coordinator; Anshul Sahai for Kolhapur, District Coordinator)
• Voter’s (your) full name; Place; DOB; Year of participation in BCS; Contact no & registered Email Id.
8) The candidate receiving the highest vote in each of the categories will be declared the winner. In case of no voting in a category for any of the candidates or the position remains void, the same will be filled by BCS committee via nomination.
9) Final Election Results will be declared on 5th April 2019 by 6pm and uploaded on the website www.bharatiyachhatrasansad.org. The elected participants will be informed via email within two working days from 5th April 2019.
10) The investiture and swearing in ceremony of the elected student council will take place at MIT School of Government, Pune on Saturday, 27th April 2019 at 10 am (all newly elected members will have to attend it compulsorily).
11) After one-year of tenure the BCS Student Council Coordinators will hand over the charge to the next Student Council to be elected during or after the 10th annual national conclave of BCS in 2020.
12) In case activities of any elected coordinators of the Student Council is found against the principles & objectives of the Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad. The governing council reserves the right to recall the representative and cancel his/her appointment. In such a case the candidate next on the vote score will be offered the post. In case of position being void, nomination will be by the BCS Committee.